How to Apply | STAMPS
How to Apply
Applications are currently closed.
Click HERE to apply for Fall 2022!
To Qualify for STAMPS
- You must major (or plan to major) in Biology, Chemistry/Biochemistry, Computer Science, Geography, Mathematics/ Statistics, or Physics/Astronomy.
- You must be an incoming first-year student or a transfer student from a community college. You must demonstrate an aptitude for science and/or mathematics, and enthusiasm for study.
- You must have demonstrated financial need, as determined by UNCG’s Financial Aid Office.
- In your first year of STAMPS, you must successfully complete a First Year Experience (FYE) class taught by STAMPS faculty designed specifically for STAMPS students.
- To continue in STAMPS, you will be expected to show adequate process toward a degree in your math or science ﬁeld every semester, and maintain a 3.0 GPA.
Benefits of STAMPS
- Financial support of up to $4,616 per year, based on financial need.
- Assigned a Science faculty mentor (see their research here).
- Assigned a peer mentor (and an opportunity to later become one).
- Field visits to research sites.
- A speaker series designed for the STAMPS scholars.
- Participation in an FYE course designed for STAMPS students to better understand the science disciplines and career opportunities.
- The opportunity to participate in undergraduate research.
- Meaningful involvement in an active community of science and math students and faculty.